Monday, December 6, 2010

LIVE VIDEO-- from your phone?

Yes thats right! Its a pretty cool concept I played around with last night. I graduate in a couple of days and I am completely upset that my sister, who lives in Florida, will not be there to watch me walk. We talked about filming it but its just not the same. So I wandered if there was a way to stream live video from my phone to the Internet. And...its possible. I first googled it. I got an article that came up that talked about this website called Qik.com. It had an Iphone app. So I was all on it. I downloaded the app, signed up for it on the computer and began playing around with it.

I found losts of problems with it. First, it was VERY slow. The video was taking forever to be processed onto the screen. However it worked. Once it is filmed then it has to buff from your phone before it is able to be watched. So is it really live? Not really. It lags and is not very current. Im not giving up on trying to film my graduation for my sister. I plan on playing around with it a little bit longer before I feel that its hopeless.

Maybe one day it will be perfected and we will be able to do this more efficiently. Skype works pretty well, but not everyone has cameras on their computer. I just think the concept is really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment